ad

Monday, December 27, 2010

Lobes

I spend the majority of my time playing with video games and generally wasting time.

I could spend this time reading, exercising, looking for a job, cleaning the house, etc.

Though I do exercise, I do so much less than I used to, and I'm not exactly sure why that is.

I've been looking for a job, but it's not as easy as going out there and grabbing one.  Sure, I could work at Mcdonald's starting today if I wanted to.  I could also forcibly insert a razor-sharp nail file into my occipital lobe.  I've had some shitty jobs, and some great jobs, and I'm not about to willfully subject myself to further mental destruction. 

It's all a question of motivation and ambition.
I don't think I was born with either of those essential human values.  No, I believe I was born with a variable in my brain where these notions normally occur. 

1 comment:

  1. Wait, does x = 0, or is it just a general absence of brain matter? What if there was a calcified parasite in your brain where motivation and ambition are stimulated? Ya gotta brain tick, they's rare...

    ReplyDelete