ad

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Christian Holiday

On this wonderful Christmas morning, I ask you:

Do you even believe in Jesus Christ?

Just ask yourself that same question.  Do you, or do you not?

Now think on this question:

Do you still believe in Santa Claus?


As an agnostic I've made the decision that since I can't prove or disprove anything, the only thing I'll believe in is uncertainty.  Many would say that this is a poor view of the world, but really...what else is more rational and fair? 

We grew up believing Santa Claus existed, came down the chimney, and threw gifts all over our living rooms just because we behaved well (and even when we behaved poorly, which is bullshit).  Then our parents or friend or sick uncle blew the bubble and our worlds were cast into darkness and incredulity: "I can't believe this shit!  You lied to me?"

Well, twenty (20) years later, I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm still urged to believe in make-believe entities.  Or are they?  We've already proven a fat man can't fit down a chimney, so what's the difference between that and a man being resurrected?  And where is he today?

I don't mean to offend anyone, or critique their beliefs....but really, people....what the fuck are you on about?


Uh....Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. No one lives forever, so what you believe in is complete bullshit. Everyone dies, everyone except lizard people.

    ReplyDelete